Friday, October 16, 2015

Now available for pre-order: My upcoming book on healing of memories, "Remembering God's Mercy"



Here is the beautiful cover of my next book, Remembering God's Mercy: Redeem the Past and Free Yourself from Painful Memories, due in February from Ave Maria Press and now available for pre-order on Amazon.com (in paperback; it will later be available in e-book format as well). I am deeply thankful that Austen Ivereigh, the acclaimed biographer of Pope Francis, calls Remembering God's Mercy "a life-changing book."

The book's cover includes what publishers call a "reading line" that tells more about its theme: "Embracing the Wisdom of St. Ignatius and Pope Francis." The "Ignatius" is the Jesuit founder Ignatius Loyola (nothing against Ignatius of Antioch, I assure you), whom I wrote about earlier in My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. Now, with Remembering God's Mercy, I draw upon Pope Francis's wisdom as a means of going deeper into classic Jesuit spirituality, showing how St. Ignatius and St. Peter Faber (canonized by Francis) point the way to healing of memories.

I wrote Remembering God's Mercy as a gift to the many readers of My Peace I Give You who wanted a book like My Peace that they could give to anyone in their family in need of healing. Especially on my mind and heart as I wrote it were military veterans, adult children of divorce, and those who struggle with any kind of addiction or unwanted attractions.

Soon, the Amazon page for Remembering God's Mercy will include more information about it, including a "Search Inside" feature. In the meantime, if you would like a preview of the book, you can hear me read an excerpt of it in my recent Chapel talk at Hope College.

I would be grateful if you would please say a prayer that Remembering God's Mercy reaches those who would be most helped by it. Also, please pray for me as I complete my doctoral dissertation, as I am hoping to graduate in May with my pontifical doctorate in theology and begin a career in teaching. I pray every day for you and for all who read my writings or have otherwise heard of my journey to faith and healing in the heart of the Catholic Church.