Saturday, March 28, 2015

Requesting your prayers as I write my next book

Signing The Thrill of the Chaste (Catholic Edition) after speaking in Helena, Montana,
February 2, 2015. Photo: Fr. Sean Raftis

Today, as Holy Week beckons, I begin my next book, which will occupy me until I leave in late May for an international speaking tour. The topic is healing of memory, building upon a talk I gave last year at Washington's Catholic Information Center.

I consider this next project to be Book No. 4, since my recent Thrill of the Chaste (Catholic Edition) (a thorough revision of the 2006 edition) is truly a new book, as reviewers have noted.

In order to focus on my writing, I will be staying off my Twitter account as much as possible. (I long ago removed myself from Facebook.) If you need to reach me, I will remain reachable through the e-mail address listed at the bottom of my bio.

Please pray for me as I write this next book, especially that I may stay focused and that the Holy Spirit will grant me inspiration. If you would like to ask the intercession of saints, the patrons of Book No. 4 are St. Ignatius Loyola and St. Peter Faber. In addition to those saints, there are many other souls whose prayers I am asking as I write: Daniel A. Lord, S.J.; Louis Twomey, S.J.; John Edwards, S.J.; Francis Canavan, S.J.; Edward P. Dowling, S.J.; and Francis Schroen, S.J. (You may notice a pattern in that list; my choice of intercessors has to do with the book's topic.) Since these other souls are not canonized, please say a prayer for their repose before asking their prayers for me.

Know that you are in my prayers every day, as I pray each morning for all my supporters, readers, hearers, and everyone who has ever aided my apostolate. Thank you and God bless you.