Sunday, September 14, 2014

Priests, lay leaders recommend My Peace I Give You as a vital pastoral resource for healing sexual wounds

A special notice for visitors from ZENIT's Daily Dispatch:

Welcome, ZENIT readers! I am the author of My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints, which has been recommended by many leaders in pastoral ministry as a valuable resource for bringing healing to those who have suffered sexual abuse. Click here to read an online sample.

Here are some of the things that priests and other pastoral caregivers are saying about My Peace I Give You:

  • Fr. David Meconi, S.J., editor of Homiletic & Pastoral Review: "[Dawn Eden's] efforts ... serve as a microcosm of a greater story—the wounds of Christ’s body being healed by the grace of God—enabling a broken creature to stand up and announce that she is the daughter of an incessantly loving and ever-protective Father."
  • Fr. James Brent, O.P., Director of the Dominican Friars' Angelic Warfare Confraternity: "For anyone who has suffered from sexual abuse, Dawn’s book is a must read. The testimonies of victims who have read it are powerful testimonies indeed. But in my opinion, anyone who suffers from the wounds of sexual sin in any way whatsoever will also find in this book a powerful aid for healing and renewal."
  • Mother Agnes Mary Donovan, S.V., Superior General, Sisters of Life: "An inspired work ... powerfully moving and hope-filled. ... It is my hope that this book may become a resource readily available: in churches, schools, counseling centers, young adult ministries, libraries, and hospitals. Through it may many whose human dignity has been offended come to know their beauty in the eyes of God, and learn to sing in joy of His love and His mercy. I pray that for every reader this book will be an instrument of grace and instruction.”

My Peace I Give You has also been endorsed by Jennifer Fulwiler, Alice von Hildebrand, and Fr. James Martin, S.J.

You can find My Peace I Give You and the book's Spanish edition, Mi Paz Os Doy, at Amazon.comAquinas & More, and wherever fine Catholic books are sold.

For more information, write to me.